At Heights we believe all students can succeed. We want the best academic outcomes possible for every student whether they are going to be a landscaper or lawyer, engineer or entrepeneur, beautician or brain surgeon. Although we are a non-selective, low-fee, regional school we generally achieve excellent results with our students. These include:
2015 - 2020 - ATAR, OP and NAPLAN scores,
Schools have received no aggregate data so far in the new ATAR system. However, in 2020 we do know that many Heights students scored in the low, mid and high 90s for ATAR scores. Most Heights students achieved entrance into their first-choice university courses this year, including Medicine, Law, Engineering, OT, Nursing and many more.
- Four Heights students in the last four years who have received the highest possible 99.95 or 99.90 ATAR scores.
- Heights received double the state average of OP1s for four of the last five years (2015-2019).
- Heights achieved the highest percentage of OP1s of any school in the region for four out of the last five years (2015-2019).
- For three years in a row, we were named by ACARA as in the top 4% of Australian schools for NAPLAN improvement from Years 3 to 5 and Years 7 to 9.
- Although NAPLAN tests were not held in 2020, our previous results show Heights performing above and well above Australian averages in many domains. Results can be accessed via the Myschool website.
- In the Qld Government School Leavers report we consistently send more students to University than other CQ schools, we have significantly more students employed than other CQ and Qld schools and a much lower proportion of students unemeployed.
2019 SCHOOL LEAVERS REPORT