‘to the Glory of God’
Heights College Vision
“A caring learning community that inspires students to powerfully influence their world for Jesus Christ.”
Five core Values
- We will esteem those in authority over us.
- We will respect those in relationship with us.
- We will affirm others and not just ourselves.
- We will live lives that are honest and truthful.
- We will say what we mean and do what we say.
- We will be trustworthy and above reproach in everything.
- For God so loved the world (John 3:16)
- Love by being patient.
- Love by showing kindness.
- Love by putting others first.
- Love by celebrating the achievements of others (1 Cor. 13)
- We will care for those in need and in distress.
- We will seek to serve and not be served.
- We will do things willingly with a servant heart.
- We will strive to do all things “to the Glory of God”.
- We will do everything with a spirit of excellence.
- We will seek our personal best in all endeavours.
Heights College is established on the belief that the Bible is the inspired and authoritative word of God. The Bible provides the framework for all truth and is the foundation upon which our decision making is based. Our College Aims, Educational Vision, Motto, Mission Statement and Core Values reflect our Biblical philosophy. Heights College therefore embraces a close relationship between school and home, as both institutions work closely together to establish young men and women in sound Biblical ethics and morals. Every student is encouraged to examine and develop a Biblical view of what is real, what is true and what is of value in their lives.
Teachers at Heights College have a very clear understanding of both their Christian worldview and how such a worldview affects their educational practice. Teaching staff recognise that they have a calling by God to minister to students, as well as a responsibility to lead students by example into a holistic understanding of their spiritual, academic, physical and emotional development. They are expected to pursue educational leadership characterised by the highest levels of professional competence and to exemplify Christian character and devotion to God.
A distinctively Christian culture is essential to Heights College as a means in which values, beliefs and ethics are nurtured within a Kindergarten-Year 12 community. The culture of the College is one in which we value striving for excellence in all we do, in order to give glory to God.